Gday to all Port Malmö members and supporters!
Just a quick (and long overdue) update on what is happening within the club in 2016.
The Maulers season started in April with a mixed bag of results this year with 1 win and 2 losses. So far attendance for games has been well above last year but trainings have been something similar. We can definitely improve here.
Whats new – we have spread the workload this year for coaching the club which has started to bear fruit after a few wrinkles have been ironed out. Sime and Wayne are our official match day coaches with Jimmy and Danny our training co-ordinators, ensuring there is always someone running trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Jimmy has also taken over the running of the bench match days.
– We have applied for admittance as a förening within Malmö kommun. This has been a long process and I thank Will and Jonas above all for their efforts here. Hopefully we get the final go-ahead asap.
– The Lynx have gone forward in leaps and bounds with the ladies improving at an exponential rate. Unfortunately their first planned game on Saturday has fallen through against Odense. If you aren’t planning on Playing for the Maulers on Saturday please pull on the boots and play for the fossils against the girls so they get their run.
– Mini Maulers have been in session now for a few weeks. Would be great to see more youngsters down for a kick and a bit of fun before the Maulers game on saturday.
– Shorts and other merchandise will be available during the year, The long promised shorts are now ready (in Oz) unfortunately after a long delay in production and Wayne is back in Sweden after their completion. Anyone going to Oz in the coming months let us know if you can help with the bringing back of these shorts to Sweden.
– The committee is meeting regularly to keep the club flowing. I would like to thank them for all their great work thus far.
C’mon Port Malmö!!